Senior Online Analyst
Job Title: Senior Online Analyst
Department & Location: Team Digital - Insight Team
Reporting to: Head of Insight
Reporting to this position: x1 Direct Report
Scope of Job:
As Senior Online Analyst you will work closely with the Head of Insight and the rest of the Insight team to lead and improve the use of online data in the business and support smarter decision making across our global estate of attractions. You will champion the reporting function for all online ecommerce data, identify and drive specific insight into our online commercial performance and support the optimisation of our online performance globally.
The successful candidate will have web analytics experience, preferably working with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. You will have an analytical mind-set, whose first action when presented with a problem is to ask are we asking the right questions and to look for the data that can help provide an effective solution. The online channel is a growing channel for Merlin and we are building towards an insight and data-driven organisation so you will need to be energetic about educating other teams on the value of using data to inform decision making. You should be obsessed with using data to improve and influence onsite user experience. If you thrive in a hard-working environment where you will be listened to and can actively influence ecommerce planning, then this is the team for you.
- Manage and maintain integrity of e-commerce data within the business and be accountable for the management of analytics agency partner.
- Provide leadership and steer the business around the use of metrics and their evolving definitions over time.
- Conduct in-depth research studies around the key online metrics and their practical use in the business such as conversion rate, channel mix, basket value, traffic, lead booking time etc.
- Drive growth in online performance through production of online insight that can be used to improve conversion rate and optimisation strategies.
- Manage the delivery of e-commerce scorecard reporting for the entire group.
- Support Board and Director network with ad hoc research and analysis requests based around online metrics and online performance
- Report on online performance in a timely and accurate manner with the tools available
- Drive insight from the data to influence and prompt changes in price or website journeys
- Define and merge separate datasets to create insight e.g. weather patterns and attendance
- Define how we should measure performance for certain ecommerce initiatives e.g. Short Break business arm, online promotion redemptions etc.
- Train users of our online reporting tools (Google Analytics etc.) where necessary
- Identify group wide activities and trends through detailed tracking of the direct ecommerce channel and provide the executive teams with invaluable insight.
- Provide strategic recommendations to UX Architects and eCommerce Managers to help them optimise online customer journeys.
- Analyse traffic sources; customer behaviour; competitor sites; customer journey; bounce rates etc. to determine any trends or patterns.
- Develop a deep understanding of our online customers and behaviour, building segments and profiles of core customer groups.
- Be responsible for all web analytics tracking on the website.
- Working with our partner agency liaise with the attraction, ecommerce teams to ensure tracking code implementation processes are adhered to and are according to best practice.
- Monitor web analytics tools to ensure tracking is working correctly and report data is valid.
- Support the set up A/B and MVT tests and generate recommendation reports based on the results.
- Manage and develop one direct report
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Passionate about and have solid experience in web analytics within online retail or other relevant industry.
- Advanced working knowledge of analytics tools such as Google Analytics 360, Coremetrics, Webtrends, Omniture, Hitwise etc.
- Sound knowledge of SQL databases is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of sales and margin reporting process and data management tools.
- Technical working experience of analytical tracking, website tagging and creating sales funnels.
- Strategic marketing and retail ecommerce experience - preferably within an ecommerce or insight department.
- Commercially minded and experienced in interpreting data into meaningful information and actions.
- Ability to consider analytics from a real customer perspective.
- An enthusiastic & flexible working attitude with a passion for metrics and quantitative analysis and a willingness to support others and cover areas outside your role remit or natural comfort zone.
- Highly numerate with strong commercial acumen and advanced Excel skills.
- Skilled in presenting and explaining statistical information.
- Previous management experience desirable
- Occasional travel to attractions
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.