Are you looking to make a big impact with your next career move? Do you have experience of marketing and selling subscriptions or other content? Are you obsessed with brilliant UX, backed up with a strong focus on the numbers?
If you answered yes to the above questions, Newtrade is looking to hear from you!
You've probably bought something from your local corner shop in the past month. Research shows that today's consumer uses their local shop 11 times a month.
This is a huge opportunity for the independent retail owners who run local shops and Newtrade's primary purpose is to help these retailers to compete with Tesco and the multiples for the loyalty of local people. US research shows that 48 percent of every dollar spent in a locally-owned business stayed in the community as opposed to 14 percent when spent with a chain.
Switched on local retailers rely on Newtrade to provide them with the business know-how and entrepreneurial zest to win customers and to grow their sales and profits. That's where you come in persuading them to choose our market-leading events, betterRetailing.com platform and to buy RN, the number one paid-for title for local retailers. You will be responsible for identifying new ways to help our retailer audience and the consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies that want to work with them buy Newtrade as their number one choice. You will raise the profile of Newtrade brands so when they are ready to buy they will buy Newtrade.
You'll be relentless in creating, testing and delivering the best customer journeys that generate quality leads, consistently. And you'll measure what worked well and what could be improved.
You're able to visualise the big strategic goals, as well as create - and get support for - the short-term roadmap that helps reach them. Specifically, you can demonstrate your applied learning of identifying, targeting, pitching and converting an audience. This is underpinned with at least two years of experience in a role selling or marketing content to other businesses or in a consumer market.
You're looking to take the next step in your career, with opportunities to lead project teams and stakeholders, manage day-to-day budgets and present intelligence that helps Newtrade grow sales and profit.
What do your first six months look like?
- You'll have been an integral part of developing the sales strategy for RN magazine through its legacy wholesale route to market and a new subscription offer
- You will have set quarterly copy sales forecasts and, by leading the internal and external stakeholders, you will have hit these targets, reporting to the business weekly and monthly
- You will tell the market, working with our PR agency, why the newly launched betterRetailing.com is the best online portal to help them grow their businesses
- You'll quickly get up to speed with the industry, including working a day in a local shop to really understand the problems Newtrade helps to solve
- You'll join the rest of the business at the annual summer picnic for an afternoon of sunshine and games!
Up for it?
Share your CV and cover letter - explaining why you'd be a great fit for the role - with Tom Mulready, Newtrade marketing manager