Brand Manager - McVitie's
We are currently recruiting for a Brand Manager to join the McVitie's team. McVities is the nation's favourite biscuit brand, and the nation's largest biscuit brand with a wide portfolio of products covering a variety of consumer needs and occasions.
This is an exciting area for us at pladis with significant projected growth plans, to be achieved through significant marketing investment and also strong innovation plans in 2017 and beyond.
If you are inquisitive marketer that wants to understand brand performance drivers and how consumer behaviour can shape marketing plans then maybe pladis is the business for you!
If you are driven, determined and ambitious then come and talk to us - McVitie's is a very exciting brand to work on - and the products taste great too!
As a Brand Manager you will be responsible for supporting the development and the implementation of the brand strategy, working with the commercial teams to develop growth plans, and above all building brands that people talk about.
To manage the overall revenue and delivery of a brand portfolio and develop, drive and execute the marketing plan, ensuring short and long term financial targets are achieved.
To be successful in this job you need to be able to show determination, ambition and drive. We are looking for someone with energy for working with others and creating initiatives that create growth. There is real scope for success with this portfolio and a real focus for business growth over three years.
The successful Brand Manager will be a self-starter, able to work across multiple projects and disciplines.
- Delivery of brand plans to meet business sales and profit targets in line with Brand Planning process and pladis performance KPIs.
- Support the Senior Brand Manager on McVitie's social and PR plans
- Lead the product benchmarking initiative
- Support/ lead on any packaging changes
- Be the brand team champion for the Food Service Channel
- Regularly review plan and performance throughout year, taking appropriate remedial action as necessary
- Contributes to the Brand Innovation strategy and the prioritisation & management of plan initiatives, leading branding and NPD projects where appropriate
- Emphasis on using data and insights to drive projects and the development of the brand
- Manage projects in line with the brand plans
- Full marketing mix responsibilities
- Educated to at least degree level, preferably business or marketing orientated
- Experience of working within an FMCG marketing team ideally within brand management
- Must be able to demonstrate good project management experience
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to lead and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business
Yildiz Holding, CEEMEA's largest food company, has brought together its core biscuit, chocolate, and confectionery businesses Godiva Chocolatier, United Biscuits, Ulker and DeMet's Candy Company, to form a new global company, “pladis”.
The new entity unites internationally recognised brands Godiva, a leading premium chocolate brand worldwide, McVitie's, a leading biscuit brand with a heritage in the UK and Europe, and Ulker, the leading biscuits and confectionery brand in Turkey and Middle East; a love mark in its category. Together they form a $US5.2 billion business, positioning pladis as a global leader in the category.
pladis is a global biscuit and confectionery company with operations in 120 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas. With annual revenues of US$5.2 billion, pladis has 36 factories in 13 countries and employs 26,000.The company is owned by Yildiz Holding, the largest food company in CEEMEA, and combines three centuries of baking and confectionery expertise by bringing together its iconic Godiva, McVitie's and Ulker brands.
With a commitment to “promise happiness to the world with every bite”, the company delights consumers with products in sweet and savory biscuits, wafer, cake, chocolate, gum and candy categories.