Consumer Insight Manager
Location: Birmingham City Centre
Status: Full-time permanent
Salary: Circa 30k + Benefits
The Energy Systems Catapult
The Energy Systems Catapult is one of a network of elite technology and innovation centres set up by Innovate UK. The Catapult works with companies that are focused on exploiting the opportunities created by the need to transform global energy systems; not only playing a part in accelerating technology based solutions, but also engaging with Government to address the market mechanisms and business models that will be required to enable such solutions.
The Energy Systems Catapult will create a critical mass for business and research innovation, focusing on electricity, heat and combustible gases. This centre will be an important part of the UK's innovation system, making a major long-term contribution to UK economic growth.
The Energy Systems Catapult has recently won a £10m bid to learn how to put consumers at the heart of a low carbon energy transition. The Catapult's Consumer Insight Team plays an important part in this, gathering and analysing data to produce insights about how and why consumers use energy, and using this insight to work with others to design and deliver consumer-centred low carbon energy products, services and policies.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking for that next step up from Consumer Insight Analyst/Executive to Consumer Insight Manager and offers you the scope for development. As the Consumer Insight Manager you will support the insight team by gathering and analysing data to produce relevant consumer insights. This will include working with the Head of Consumer Insight and Consumer Research Team Manager to design new qualitative and quantitative research studies, and independently managing research studies from beginning to end, with support from more senior staff where required. You will interact with a diverse range of stakeholders from ESC's various domain experts to our CEO and with clients from government to blue chip businesses and start up entrepreneurs.
Key Deliverables and Work Activities:
- Designing appropriate project specifications, e.g. sample, methodology and timeline.
- Designing all research materials, including screening criteria, questionnaires and discussion guides.
- Monitoring progress of fieldwork to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Undertaking in-depth interviews and contributing to the running of focus groups discussions, with senior support where necessary.
- Analysing and interpreting qualitative & quantitative data, working closely with the Consumer Data Analyst to direct more complex statistical analysis.
- Reporting complex research findings in a manner that is creative and engaging.
- Presenting findings to a range of audiences.
Within the first 12 months you will:
- Analyse data arising from a consumer segmentation survey, sizing and characterising the segments, and producing segment caricatures in addition to other reporting outputs in PowerPoint and Word.
- Evaluate the appeal and likely uptake of novel energy service concepts across consumer segments, using conjoint or other appropriate methodologies.
- Design and roll out a quantitative methodology to uncover the different types of consumer amongst more vulnerable households.
What Credentials are we ideally looking for?
- Educated to degree level, ideally including statistics or research modules.
- A practical understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, developed through experience in the market research industry, social research or a similar role.
- A self- starter with at least 4 years of experience in delivering quantitative research, including choice-based modelling techniques.
- Experience of segmentation would be an advantage.
- Ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret complex information.
- Capable of designing and deploying materials to communicate and embed insight within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- A creative approach to consumer research, developing innovative solutions to challenges throughout the project life-cycle from design to implementation and reporting.
- Strong numerical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Team player with a can-do attitude and collaborative, engaging style.
Would you like to Apply?
The closing date for applications is Thursday 11th May 2017.
Please note that at this time we are unable to provide UK visa sponsorship.
The Energy Systems Catapult undertakes innovative and exciting work that will help shape the future of energy, with this in mind we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible, as we do reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
(Strictly No Agencies).
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion and belief, sexual orientation, or status regarding gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity."
To apply for this position, please click on Apply button.