red paddle co is the No 1 designer, manufacturer & distributor of inflatable Paddle Boards worldwide. The business operates in a fast moving, exciting and dynamic market in the watersports industry and is growing at an exceptional pace. The red brand and product strategy continue to evolve and the team are looking at developing complementary products to the current range as well as building the accessories brand, red originals, to complement the core product set. As a result the team are looking for an enthusiastic experienced accessories designer to work with the product and marketing teams to develop this new range and bring it to market.
- Design and develop great quality products for our target customer, ensuring maximised profit margins, in line with agreed strategy for each range.
- Form strong working relationships with product managers and factories collaborating on product design and development.
- Development of product prototypes working within cost parameters with suppliers.
- Manage individual projects with supporting documentation, to a critical path, ensuring all products and ranges are launched on time.
- Maintain full design records to protect redPaddle copyright and to ensure no conflicts with other designers and competitors.
- Review customer feedback and roll this into constant product review and improvement.
- Attending trade shows when needed.
- Researching the market and other competition to identify new trends/products.
- 4+ years relevant Accessories design experience.
- Good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent creative design skills.
- An understanding and passion for emerging trends in this market space.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Self-focused and motivated.
- A good team player, collaborative.
- Strong IT literacy - full working knowledge of Adobe suite.
- An interest in and empathy with water sports is advantageous
For more information please revert to our website or Facebook and Instagram pages:
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio to our HR team at StrattonHR - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or would like further information on the role please call Stratton HR -08450 549966