Senior Technical Interior Designer - Residential
Senior Residential Technical Interior Designer / West London / Salary £45,000 - £55,000 / Permanent
Leading high end residential and commercial practices based in West London are looking for an experienced Senior Residential Technical Designer with over 10 years post-graduation experience in high end residential interiors.
Role Responsibilities of the Residential Technical Interior Designer
- Review of Architectural Base information for Co-ordination against Structure & services. Advise the Senior Designer of any Conflict that impact on the Concept
- Assist the Studio/Commercial Manager in the development of the agreed Project delivery schedule for both internal & external resources in order to meet the agreed
- Advise the Technical Manager/Studio Manager of resource requirements across the agreed phase timeline, monitor this & make recommendations for adjustment should the need arise due to outside impact on the schedule/Design.
- Monitor the production of information against the agreed delivery schedule & advise the management team at the first indication of any slippage with recommendations for correction/recovery.
- Assist in the technical detailed development of the concept design through stages 3 &4 with constant review & guidance of the technical team members through the development
- Review all technical aspects of the production to ensure all documentation is technically sound & meet the lead Designers vision aspirations together with the company standards prior to
- Review all documentation from outsource production center to ensure all follows the direction given & meets the required level of information/standards.
- CAD assistance when needed in output of all areas of the project.
- Review Shop Drawings as necessary to ensure consistent turnaround time, as agreed with the Technical Manager & Project PM.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all RFI's are responded to & dealt with within a 7-10 working day period to ensure there is no negative impact on Site progress.
- Provide hands on technical guidance to other team members to ensure consistent growth, technical development & understanding.
- Maintain an A3 hard copy set of consultant & company current documentation through the Design development stages for instant access by any party.
- Attend Site/factory inspections as necessary to ensure the Design intent approved during the shop Drawing phase is correctly implemented on site.
- Carry out a full analysis of the project following completion to identify the positives & negatives to ensure the lessons learnt are passed on to all to assist in the office continual development.
- Ensure accurate close out & archive of the project date (both Hard & soft copy) following completion of the project.
Key Skills of the Residential Technical Interior Designer
- Over 10 years experience in the high end residential sector
- Ability to liaise with technical outsource Team on a daily basis
- Ability to show awareness of production strategy across projects
- Ability to oversee technical production & delivery to company standards
If you interested in finding out more about this Residential Technical Interior Designer role than please get in touch with Deborah D'Silva or apply online.
Adrem are specialist in Technical Interior Design jobs.