Head of Marketing
Who are we?
London Marathon Events Ltd is one of the world's leading mass participation sports event organisers.
We organise some of the biggest and best mass participation sports events in the UK including the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling and Swim Serpentine.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and any surplus we make is given to The London Marathon Charitable Trust to improve sports and recreation in the areas where we organise events.
Our company values are: Integrity, Excellence, Together, Inspiration and Fun.
In April 2017 we are launching a brand new event in London that will take place in March 2018. It will be an event that is both truly global and uniquely local. Not only will it have a worldwide audience, but it will also be the first sports event that truly represents London's diverse multi-cultural society.
This is an exciting time for us and we are looking for an experienced Head of Marketing to engage, grow and inspire our database of would-be runners, cyclists and open water swimmers to enter our events, raise money for charity and get/stay fit.
This is a new position and our goal is to double the size of our existing database in three years and to increase engagement with the database by 50%.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of success working across digital and print channels.
Reporting to the Event Director, you will be responsible for:
- Growing the company's potential participant database
- Getting more participants to enter our new and less established events
- Filling our events more quickly
- The digital marketing strategy and execution for all our events
- Reporting on campaigns and demonstration of ROI
- Proactively seeking out new opportunities to grow SEM campaigns to drive entrants
- Planning, directing and monitoring digital/social media campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social networks
- Planning, briefing and monitoring our print advertising
- Building partnerships with other organisations and events for cross-promotions
- Managing the Data/entries department
Your Skills and Experience
Ideally, you will have a passion and understanding of the running, cycling and swimming mass participation market. You can think strategically and execute with great attention to detail. You are analytical yet also able to act on your intuition. You have a minimum of four years' experience managing creative teams and a track record that includes numerous examples of successful marketing campaigns you have created and executed across different channels.
You will be expected to work some evenings and weekends when necessary at our events.
As part of the online application process, please provide:
- A covering letter highlighting the reasons you are the right person for the job
- Your CV
- Your salary expectations
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.