Digital Marketing Development Manager - Europe
Auto req ID
Digital Marketing Development Manager - Europe
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
About Global Commercial - Lubricants
Shell sells a wide variety of lubricants to meet customer needs across a range of applications. These include consumer motoring, heavy-duty transport, mining, power generation and general engineering. Shell's portfolio of lubricant brands includes Shell Helix, Shell Rimula and Shell Tellus. We distribute, market and sell lubricants in over 100 countries. We also provide technical and business support to customers. We offer lubricant-related services in addition to our product range. These include Shell LubeMatch, the market leading product on-line recommendation tool, and Shell LubeAnalyst. This position supports the European Cluster organisation and reports to the General Manager Marketing Europe. Job Purpose The Digital Marketing Development Manager - Europe position is responsible for developing and driving the regional digital and eCommerce strategy as a new sales and marketing channel. In this newly formed role, the successful applicant will be working closely with the Global and Europe Marketing and Digital teams and a range of cross-functional teams, to deploy new digital programmes.
The person will be accountable for piloting, testing and optimizing these programmes to achieve and maintain significant financial returns, as well as supporting Shell brand building activities.
What will you do:
- Lead the strategy and development of digital solutions (including eCommerce) as a sales channel for Europe, focusing on: Online to Offline (O2O) transactions, MarketPlaces, B2B platforms, aggregators, new digital business models and new strategic control points for the Lubricants value chain
- Support and drive colleagues in local teams to achieve and maintain financial returns through ecommerce and digital programmes.
- Develop and own the digital marketing plan, integrating digital across all areas of marketing and coaching the Europe marketing team on execution
- Collaborate with Global Brand teams, Digital team and Channel/Sector teams on Digital Strategy, Social Strategy, Mobile applications, and other online technologies to maximize yield, and deliver long term brand/sector goals
- Provide evidence-based analysis of the commercial value generated by digital programmes ensuring rigorous piloting of programs takes place and processes to learn, optimize and iterate
What we need from you?
- University degree in business, marketing or MBA equivalent
- Marketing, strategy and channel management experience
- Direct knowledge of developing online sales, marketing and digital platforms
- Experience of customer centric design, innovation processes and development of new initiatives
- Experience in influencing without having direct authority across a wide range of stakeholders and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work virtually
- Ability to work independently, both strategically and operationally with limited resources
- Strong interface / stakeholder management skills and proven ability to deliver through others
- Ability to manage complex organisational interfaces
- A strong interest in digital trends and new online business models
What we offer you:
- At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel
- Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach
- Join us and you'll belong to a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and advance your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
Read more about a women's perspective here
People with an impairment
At Shell we are determined to encourage and support those with impairment to grow and develop a successful career in Shell. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us.
Read more about how Shell support people with an impairment here
No. of Positions
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell.
Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.
Agency calls not appreciated