Job Title: Marketing Director
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £70,000- £85,000
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) / Head of Brand and Marketing (HOB&M)
Global University Systems (GUS) is an international network of higher-education institutions, brought together by a shared passion for accessible, industry-relevant qualifications.
GUS delivers a wide variety of programmes, including bachelor's degree programmes, master's degree programmes, professional training, English Language training, and corporate & executive education. When someone chooses to study at one of our institutions- whether on campus in Europe, North America, or even in their own home - they're joining a network of over 40,000 students worldwide.
We are based in some of the world's biggest cities, with campuses in London, Birmingham and Manchester; across the Atlantic in Toronto, Chicago and Vancouver; and across the globe in places such as Singapore and Hannover.
The Marketing Director has a critical role in the development of brand strategy, taking overall accountability for the development, maintenance and growth of the brand portfolio and is also responsible for all brand and marketing propositions
The Marketing Director is responsible for and will help develop, agree, and manage the overarching marketing strategy (including lead volumes, revenue forecasts and ROI) for all new revenue generation initiatives and campaigns (via all offline and offline marketing channels), whilst supporting the ongoing strategy for existing revenue generation initiatives (including existing students).
The Marketing Director will work with the CMO and HB&M to agree lead and revenue generation targets by brand / product; and report on the performance of the Marketing Teams (Affiliate, Digital, Offline and Social) as well as working with the Direct Sales Teams against such agreed targets.
They will also develop, report and manage a pipeline of opportunities in accordance with the marketing growth strategy and liaise with all relevant stakeholders and marketing team(s) to ensure that all marketing activities are carried out and all deadlines are met, aligned with the budget and lead targets as well as with any and all agreed SLA's and KPI's and in accordance with brand requirements.
The Marketing Director will ensure accurate and standardised reporting is carried out and will develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure their appropriate involvement during each stage of the marketing process as well as identify, agree and implement an integrated marketing plan to foster an effective marketing approach.
To lead and manage the marketing team while developing and delivering on all marketing activities across each marketing segment.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- In addition to the responsibilities listed above, from time to time there may be a requirement to perform other duties on group brands as outlined by the CMO and HOB&M
- Develop a comprehensive and aligned strategic Marketing Plan, and implement such Marketing Plans with the support of the HOB&M, CMO and relevant brand team(s) across all marketing channels
- Manage the Marketing budget for all marketing activities with a focus on lead generation, conversion and meeting all revenue targets.
- Ensure all brand and marketing activity are aligned to the overall strategy
- Increase brand awareness and brand reputation, guiding and having input into all creative briefs for all internal and external communications across offline and online media
- Establish and agree relevant KPIs and clear responsibilities on the timely reporting of all marketing performance, brand equity and lead generation.
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure the quality and performance of leads that get generated.
- Work with Partners and Stakeholders to understand their Product Portfolio, so as to effectively drive the Marketing of the Brand's Products to prospective Students.
- Work with the International Business Development team to agree forecasts and ensure marketing support is provided for the relevant brand(s).
- Agree targets for all products and channels with the brand teams
- Develop and own the product life cycle (current portfolio of courses and new products/partnerships) both domestically and internationally
- Oversee the management of Lead distribution so as to ensure that all lead generation activites are managed and utilised in the most effective and productive manner so as to increase Sales revenue and reduce Lead wastage. To ensure that all direct reports comply with the Company's core Policies and Procedures as detailed within the Company's Employee Handbook and/or communicated by the HR Department from time to time
- To report any non-compliance by Employees of Company Policies and Procedures, and to work with the HR Department to ensure appropriate informal and/or formal action is taken in line with the Company's Disciplinary Procedure.
- To work with the HR Department in relation to any ad-hoc issues which arise with your Direct Reports (including but not limited to Maternity and Family Friendly issues, Employee Benefit issues and Holiday / Absence issues).
- University Degree in Marketing or Business
- A minimum of 7+ years' experience in a Marketing Management position, where there was a significant focus on Marketing targets, Business Development and growth.
- Strong Project Management and Performance Measurement Skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with Senior Level Executives
- Strong branding knowledge and evidence of successful lead generation campaigns, alongside multi-channel budget responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid business acumen, management and problem solving skills
- Effective time management, organization and leadership skills
- Strong Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Exceptional Knowledge of sales Strategies, forecasts, Concepts and a history of hitting targets,
- Strong understanding of, and previous experience of working with CRM
Please send an up to date copy of your CV via the Apply button or contact a member of the team to discuss further.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
GUS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.