Strategy Director - Packaging Design & Innovation
Strategy Director - Packaging Design & Innovation
Permanent or Interim
c.£75K-£85K + Benefits Package or Day Rate
Insight, strategy, creativity, innovation are the key words at the centre of what this fast-growing, international packaging design and brand development company delivers. US based with offices in Europe, London and China, our client works with major FMCG brands on projects spanning packaging, innovation, brand positioning and architecture and across multiple categories and geographies
This is an exciting and challenging role leading a small London based team, working closely with major clients to define briefs and goals; leading teams internally to identify opportunities, clarify the approach and inspire and shape new thinking. As the leader of large-scale brand initiatives, you will need to have a firm grasp of brand and design strategy fundamentals, project a strong presence internally and externally and ensure deliverables exceed client objectives. This is an exceptional opportunity to bring your flair and ability to a business that is doing well and has much growth potential.
Key responsibilities include:
Client Relationship Building
- Manage and lead strategic expectations of client, providing clear, actionable benefits for all projects
- Develop and review proposals with clients, seeking out opportunities to support our competitive advantage
- Establish high level of trust and credibility
- Set tone of expertise with clients in the language of strategy in parallel and synergistic areas: business, brand and design
- Strive to deliver service and knowledge beyond client's expectations
Strategic Thought Leadership
- Develop, codify and implement strategic content for clients across brand foundations, positioning, brand architecture, concept development, and creative briefs
- Participate in client strategic planning sessions and attend, lead and craft qualitative research strategies for testing equity explorations and design
- Own research vendor relationships and make recommendations on concept testing methodologies.
- Analyze qual and quant data, translating consumer insights into quantifiable brand or business objectives.
- Bridge the gap between brand strategy and design strategy
- Investigate new subjects; quickly provide intelligence. Advise on industry innovations and audience insights.
- Ensure the creative response is on brief and achieves the client's business objective.
Tools & Methodologies
- Assess strategic needs of organization and build models and methodologies that create credibility and proprietary knowledge of brands, businesses and categories
- Strive to find new ways of validating concepts: to measure, to focus, to win
- Strive to find new ways of validating strategic platforms: to support, to qualify, to lead markets
- Create/ lead white space capability for each brand, customizing models to accommodate unique needs of markets and clients
- Take ownership of strategic brief, ensuring strategic solutions are delivering against objectives
- Provide support to client (coach) in guiding the development of a design brief
Training & Development
- Support a corporate culture that is positive, fulfilling, nurturing and rewarding
- Lead regular strategic planning meetings with senior clients, providing recommendations and setting goals on both short-term initiatives and long-term vision
- Enable peer support and knowledge-sharing between team members, facilitating collaboration and skills development
- Mentor and train account managers, project managers, and design staff through client engagements
Required Skills & Experience
- Passion for design and brand strategy with robust experience gained in a leading design, brand development or innovation consultancy with a remit spanning account management and strategy development/planning
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and bright individual who is passionate about the industry and wants to commit, grow with us and have challenges
- Strong track record of building close client relationships at a senior level
- Able to think analytically and have an understanding of: Brand Architecture; Brand Positioning/Essence; Innovation; Identification of opportunity areas for innovation/design; Structuring a pitch; Research methodologies
- Working closely with creative teams to ensure the work remains on strategy throughout the life of a project
- Able to perform the following tasks independently:
- Plan and analyse a brand/category/parallel category audit
- Plan and facilitate small-medium size workshops (internal and external)
- Write compelling concepts and presentation decks
- Research new business opportunities
- Craft a well-written and inspirational creative brief
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate conceptual ideas clearly and persuasively
- Excellent writing and presentation skills: superior ability to write and present
- Collaborative working style and ‘can do' approach.
- Insatiably curious and fearless in challenging convention
If you relish a challenge and the idea of taking on this role, please e-mail your CV to Adam Tarsh now at The Tarsh Partnership. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive marketing and recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management, customer marketing, brand consulting and insight/research specialists across a wide range of industry sectors. If you would like to discuss this role, or any other roles that might be suitable, please e-mail or call one of the team now on 020 7849 6875.
If you don't feel this role is quite right for you, but think you know someone who might be suitable, do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend-a-friend scheme and you could receive £200 in John Lewis vouchers should you recommended someone who is offered and accepts the role.