Head of Marketing & Communications
7 days left
- Full Time
The Head of Marketing & Communications is responsible for managing the marketing and communications team at a strategic and day-to-day operational level to ensure that Business Units receive effective marketing and communications support. This role will also support the Marketing Director in the overall delivery of Certsure LLP's marketing, communications and commercial objectives.
Details about the Client
Certsure is the leading certification body for electrical contractors in the UK. Born out of partnership between Electrical Safety First and the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA) they are dedicated to providing professional services and certification to a wide range of customers across the building services sector with ninety percent of the country's electrical work completed by it's registered members.
Certsure have been helping to protect householders, organisations and businesses from the dangers of unsafe and unsound electrical installations for over 60 years and investing all surpluses back into the electrical industry.
Certsure maintains a public register of over 37,000 contractors, who are annually assessed to comply with safety standards and codes of practice.
Trading as ‘NICEIC' and ‘ELECSA', their registered contractors are specified more than anyone else by the UK's local authorities, public sector organisations, industry and commercial businesses.
Detailed Job Description
The duties and responsibilities of the Head of Marketing & Communications include but are not limited to:
- To deputise for the Marketing Director as required and play a key leadership role in the team and the company.
- To lead and inspire the team by demonstrating leadership capabilities as defined in Certsure's Behaviours for Success.
- To ensure full and improving employee engagement within the team, as measured through the Best Companies or other employee engagement process.
- To provide the team with effective feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- To develop annual plans of marketing and communications activities to achieve Certsure business objectives.
- To ensure team objectives are set, understood, measured and that performance feedback is given through regular team meetings and 1-2-1s.
- To promote and adhere to all company HR policies, including ensuring that a succession plan is in place for the team.
- To oversee the marketing and communications of new business campaigns (affinity services and schemes) with the aim of ensuring company-wide co-ordination.
- To promote and ensure the co-ordination and collaboration between the sub-teams within the overall marketing and communications team.
- To brief, manage and annually evaluate the performance of the external agencies (creative, design, media, digital and/or PR).
- To ensure the delivery of consistently high standards across all marketing and communications activities (offline and online).
- To act as a brand guardian for the Certsure, NICEIC and ELECSA brands and to enforce internal and external compliance with brand guidelines.
- To protect and enhance the external reputation of the Certsure, NICEIC and ELECSA amongst all stakeholders.
- To develop and implement a process for obtaining, analysing, evaluating and reporting on marketing and PR activities (qualitative and qu
The essential skills for the successful Head of Marketing & Communication candidate include:
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Postgraduate Diploma and/or Chartered Institute of Public Relations Diploma (or equivalent Bachelor's or Master's degree).
- Excellent leadership and management skills with prior experience of leading a sizeable team.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to develop the individuals and the overall team, to help them become the best they can be.
- Experience of budget management and control.
- Track record of embracing change. Looks for opportunities to challenge the ways things are done.
- Excellent knowledge, skills and practical application of offline marketing strategy.
- Excellent knowledge, skills and practical application of online, digital and social media strategy.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of public relations and internal communications planning and strategy.
- Experience of managing relationships effectively with agencies, suppliers and key partners.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing and communications theories and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen and a strong focus on sales results and lead generation.
- Strong IT skills including (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio).
- Full, clean, valid UK driving licence - occasional UK travel and overnight stays will be necessary.
What's on offer
The Head of Marketing & Communications position pays up to £53,000 + Bonus (Dependent on experience)
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPMI13806948Z
Apply for Head of Marketing & Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly