Senior Designer - Industrial Design
Senior Designer - Industrial Design / London / £Negotiable Depending on Experience / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Consumer Products, Consumer Electronics, Sketching, Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot, Trends.
This is an exciting and career defining opportunity to join one of the most exciting design consultancies right now. This multi-disciplinary creative agency, designing products and experiences for some of the world's most interesting and innovative companies has an opportunity for a creative, ambitious and highly motivated Senior Industrial Designer.
Suitable applicants will be the creative and executional engine behind a diverse array of projects, and a powerhouse of original conceptual ideas. Must have a developing portfolio of innovative and creative design work. You will be working from their London based studio within a team of passionate and highly driven designers across a broad range of product disciplines, from consumer electronics, domestic/home appliances furniture, packaging and FMCG. All of which are cantered around creating compelling and innovative solutions and user experiences.
THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER JOB
- Work with Associate Directors to ensure project outputs meet the high creative standards of the studio.
- Create and communicate compelling concepts.
- Contribute to the design of new product and service solutions, including exploration, refinement and specification.
- Good experience/understanding of manufacturing and production processes.
- Sensitivity to CMF.
- Take a senior role in strategy, work in progress, ensuring deliverables meet the requirement of the brief.
- Bring fresh and innovative design ideas, providing meaningful design insight to enhance overall project quality.
- Build professional relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Facilitate internal and client-facing strategic and creative workshops.
- Mentor and support more junior members of the team, helping them develop their creative skills and processes.
- Promote a positive studio culture and contribute to studio wide initiatives.
ABOUT THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- A strong degree in Product Design / Industrial Design from a top university is essential.
- Exceptional portfolio showing all levels of design process, with fluent/confident hand sketching skills and a clear project narrative.
- Captivating presentation and communication skills.
- A portfolio that shows a breath of category experience.
- Self-motivated, energetic and inspiring member of the team.
- A positive and proactive approach, with a first for knowledge.