Studio Manager-LONDON - travelling to Essex office one day a week
Studio Manager required for a leading agency for their South East London office Your main focus will be to manage the artwork department for one of their biggest retail clients. Please note this is not a hands on and creative role but it is beneficial to have artwork background/experience.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To co-ordinate the production of all work and staff within the studio to ensure all clients work is produced accurately and within agreed timescales and budgets. To be responsible for process improvements and efficiencies savings and make recommendations for improved ways of working.
To support the Account services Director from a strategic perspective providing ideas and solutions with current ways of working, team management and resource levels. To have a strong commercial awareness and the ability to affect change providing the studio teams with a clear direction of how best to support their client with the delivery of Foods Packaging.
• Responsible for day to day management of the staff in each department, organising their workloads, shifts, holidays and agreed overtime.
• Responsible for planning and production scheduling work on a daily basis for the following their clients departments, Project Management, Artwork, Retouch and QA.
• Working with the Account Services Director on scheduling and Forward Loading planning. To have good understanding of capacity planning so to optimise resource available.
• To efficiently manage daily urgent requests coming into the studio.
• To co-ordinate OT & freelance support when required in line with budget and forecast volumes.
• To attend daily production call, weekly production and operations meetings, monthly POD, Performance review, Leadership, and Operational management meetings
• Working with the Branded Studio Manager and Account Services Director in the agencies Essex office and on a daily basis regarding resource levels and managing peaks and troughs through the week
• Working towards batch manufacturing where possible, co-ordinating with the Account management team, pre-production and QA to achieve this.
• Working with Commercial Services Director and the Client Service Director you will promote and actively encourage POD working with the internal project manager driving the teams to deliver daily volumes.
• Responsible for ensuring the Creative artwork and photography process is embedded and fully understood by all. Responsible for ensuring all creative artwork is created in line with master template and guidelines so Design approve all artwork at 1st stage.
• Responsible for ensuring the agencies certain processes are implemented 100% of the time, supported by the Brand manager and ensuring range reviews take place after every stage. Will be discussed in more details in an interview or when you start.
• Responsible for managing the retouch team in London ensuring daily volumes are achieved whilst providing the resource to the Head of Pre-production for colour profiling and spot colour creation.
• Responsible for ensuring the studio provides the correct creative retouching requirements and to work towards ensuring each member of the dept is capable for proving this service.
• Liaising with the Account Managers on a daily basis as to the progress of their work in the studio process. To improve communication as a whole between all areas.
• To assess output and productivity across the artwork team in order to feedback in 121s and identify training requirements. To manage this through a continuous improvement program ensuring all team members are working accurately and efficiently.
• To ensure the production team are carrying our range reviews and attending meetings for all new ranges.
• To raise non-conformances where necessary, to investigate and act accordingly with appropriate action being taken. To escalate to Commercial Services Director.
• To cascade and ensure any new processes and ways or working are fully understood and carried out with the project management team
• Responsible for cascading information up and down for each department and above, ensuring relevant issues are highlighted and acted upon.
• To hold agreed Team and POD meetings on dates published, providing minutes and actions of each meeting.
• To provide a detailed report on a monthly basis including the following subjects: Monthly volumes per account, dept summary, technical & Encore, client service levels, resource and staffing, morale, non-conformance to provide the Ops meeting with detail.
• Responsible for upholding procedures in place such as Encore usage, recording of specific data and working disciplines.
• Working with Account Services Director on the production process and the workflows within and looking at ways to improve performance.
• A thorough understanding of artwork construction including technical capabilities of automated software used. Understanding the artwork requirement from repro and retouch and the quality of work needed to progress with automation.
• To work closely with the System's Manager on technological advances to increase the efficiency within repro, including automation.
• Working with the Operations team and Quality & CI Analyst on reducing queries and improving the quality of work within your areas.
• Working with the Account Services Director and Training managers on development and training requirements for all your staff.
• To carry out 121s for staff that report you ensuring documentation is up to date to track development plans.
• To visit agencies Essex office one day a week to bridge the gap between London and Essex team and to ensure the Branded Studio Manager are aligned in WOW's and team management to ensure consistency across the sites.
• To work closely with the LDMs onsite to develop internal process ideas/changes and ensure both teams work efficiently with each other.
• To recruit and interview for the internal project management team and support Lead AW recruiting for the production team.
• Organise holiday and sickness for the London studio and project management team.
• To ensure the office is always kept at an immaculate standard ready for client use and for the staff.
• To escalate any issues in the studio that may need maintenance or IT assistance.
• To act on requests from the Account Services Director.
Does the above sound like you? Please get in touch with your updated CV, availability and salary requirements.