We are working with an agency in South East London who are currently recruiting for a Creative Artworker to join their Artwork team. You will be working in their London Production studio and will be working on one of their main retail clients
Purpose of the role:
To create artworks from Design master templates, artwork guidelines and brief supplied ensuring brand consistency and colour application within all packaging technical restrictions. To lead the POD you work within taking ownership of the design and creative implementation incorporating corporate guidelines to ensure right first time artwork. To support the Corporate and Design Manager attending on-site meetings when required to ensure the Design Handover and Studio handshake meetings are as effective as possible.
- 3 years' plus experience as a Packaging designer/artworker
- Excellent illustrator skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communicator
- Organisational skills
- Confidence to work on a variety of briefs and resolve any issues
- Accuracy and high levels of attention to detail
The role of creative artworker is:
- To create and amend artworks as briefed in line with the client's creative artwork guidelines, hero templates, brief and the artwork manual.
- To have excellent brand and design awareness, actively supporting the client's creative design team in maintaining the client's brand.
- To work with Corporate & Design Manager, Studio Manager, the artwork team, QA, Pre-production to ensure that all creative work produced is consistently across the account.
- To communicate effectively to all, so all key information regarding creative artwork is passed to the teams ensuring the design brief is met.
- To be proficient in all relevant software and to utilise the MIS and any other required systems correctly.
- To be fully up to date with all master guidelines relevant to the client you are assigned to.
- To meet all required deadlines for your assigned client in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- To actively participate the in the pod, communicating well and working towards a right first time approach.
- To adhere to a creative checklist, checking all creative artworks to ensure the highest possible standard.
- To adapt images through the creative artwork stage in preparation for repro ensuring the visual look and commercial editability is maintained.
- To offer creative retouching where required manipulating images to the clients brief.
- To produce technically correct artwork ready for auto repro. All aspects of packaging being considered including colours, varnishes, whites, printers specification and mark-up.
- To attend internal meetings and work with the Project manager to ensure information from the meeting is passed to all relevant production staff.To ensure all ranges are consistent to masters/guidelines, within the range and with other ranges both in progress and on shelf.
- To ensure that the creative artwork matches the approved design guidelines.
- To hold range reviews and to communicate issues to the relevant production staff.
- To create creative artworks.
Do you think you are a good match for the role above? Please send me your updated CV and Relevant work samples togetehr with your notice period and salary requirements so we can chat further.