Lead Designer/Design Manager
Leading food brand is looking for a Creative Lead to join their team. Our client has proudly served fresh seasonal recipes for the last 20 years and they now have over 100 shops across the UK.
The Creative Lead has the ability to think strategically and be a hands on designer to execute that thinking. This role will work with cross functional teams including Brand Experience, Product Experience, Business and Sales in the London office to lead the development of creative strategy and use design and creative ideas as a competitive advantage. The Creative Lead will apply the company's brand language to all brand vehicles including packaging, in-store point of sale, retail presentations, email, social media and web design. They will work with outside agencies and photographers when needed to lead art direction to ensure consistent and creative brand building. To kick things off is a huge rebrand to get stuck into!
Be strategic: You bring your brain to the table as well as your awesome design skills. You understand how to use creative solutions to push the business forward and have the leadership skills to bring everyone along with you.
Be creative: You understand the power of product and brand and when and where to use big ideas. You have deep knowledge of the concept and execution of brand communications and how to collaborate with a cross-functional team to get this done. You know how to bring people along in your thinking and are always in ‘idea' mode
The right candidate must have
- Ability to work within the creative marketing team to develop ideas from initial brainstorm to print ready artwork.
- Strong understanding of brand identity, consistency and guidelines. You'll be brand guardian and ensure consistency across all channels, both digital and print.
- A big personality, be ambitious, passionate, vocal, expressive and most importantly be brimming with great commercial ideas.
- Confidence to lead creative discussions and have a story behind the design.
- Willingness to work independently, leading creative projects as well as supporting the team through daily creative requests.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of both consumer marketing and design.
Nice to have
- Food photography experience.
- Motion graphics and/or video editing.