GRAPHIC DESIGNER - MARKETING
Are you ready to join the chocolate revolution?
Hotel Chocolat is one of the world's few chocolate makers to actually grow cocoa, on our beautiful plantation in Saint Lucia. Connecting cocoa growing with luxury chocolate making and retailing makes us unique in the UK.
It's an exciting time to join Hotel Chocolat; we are a fast paced, innovative business, always looking to write the next chapter of our story.
We are currently recruiting for Designer to join our newly-established design studio near Oxford Circus in London.
This role is integral to the conception and creation of Hotel Chocolat's direct marketing appeal, developing collateral tailored to a specific audience, and for a specific purpose. You will be creating effective, response-driven design for Hotel Chocolat's direct marketing materials ensuring our target audiences receive communication in a form best suited to their needs.
Aside from Direct Marketing materials, this role is accountable for creating visual designs that effectively communicate editorial concepts and brand identity across all channels; also crafting conceptual and strategic ideas, led by innovative thinking across a range of media.
Your role will incorporate:
- Designing creative, effective and response driven direct marketing materials, including letters, leaflets, catalogues, and envelops to HC corporate identity
- Working with the senior designer, Marketing and Copywriters to create concepts for direct marketing campaigns, visualises and develop to final artwork stages
- Preparing and designing catalogue pages and other direct-mail components, following established template and guidelines, and preparation of job files for production
- Taking projects from the concept stage through to execution
- Playing an active part in the development of the Brand Guidelines
- Ensuing all creative adheres to style / brand guidelines and articulates brand objectives
- Working closely with the Senior Designer and Design Manager to validate creative direction and ensure consistency with other areas of the business
- Creating master layouts of campaigns and oversee artworking of accompanying guidelines
- Art directing and attending photo shoots based on scamp sheets and mood boards
- Generating and re-touching photos where applicable
- Travelling to third party supplier's production facilities and press passing
- Assisting in overseeing the design, implementation and management of all graphics for all channels
- Designing and creating layouts of campaign collateral, invitations and event materials, extra documents, etc
- Collaborating with packaging designers, art directors, project managers, marketing, and product developers
- Meeting with key stakeholders to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria
- Staying ahead of trends and new ideas and interpret those into fantastic creative
- Participating in creative brainstorming and creative solutions. Carry out conceptual and material research for campaigns
- Comfortable bringing ideas to the table, running stakeholders through concepts and have an overall understanding of strategy and positioning in regards to Hotel Chocolat's brand
Your Key Attributes:
- Successful background working and creating Direct Marketing material is essential
- Experience of direct marketing principles and design application a must
- Commercial awareness and a track record of working on a global brand across multiple markets
- Great awareness of current and future trends, with a strong understanding of luxury branding
- BA Hons in design or equivalent is a minimum
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong two-dimensional conceptual ability, with an excellent eye for type, images and layout
- Good visualisation, written and verbal communication skills are required
- Strong Art Direction ability across work standards, photo and video shoots
- Good understanding of production processes in order to understand what is possible and to push the boundaries when necessary
- Print and production experience, artworking skills and retouching knowledge
- Awareness of digital and ability to work in that environment when required
- Highly organised with exemplary time management and a flexible approach. Ability to plan and deliver to deadlines
- A clear communicator who can multi-task in a pressurized and fast paced environment. Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and build consensus as a team player. Enthusiastic and supportive of other team members and equally capable of working independently
- Strong confident personality, with passion, energy and aspiration in line with Hotel Chocolat brand and people values
- Resourceful, creative and entirely flexible; thrives on positive change
People who work at Hotel Chocolat are passionate about what we do, and we all strive to deliver in line with our company values; Authenticity, Originality and Ethics. We have some great benefits, including unlimited 50% staff discount on all of our products. We enjoy seeing our employees develop, and we offer different opportunities to meet individual ambitions, alongside the prestigious certificate and/or diploma in chocolate - which is available to all members of staff.
To apply for this role please click the Apply button.