SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Brand/Packaging)
Are you ready to join the chocolate revolution?
Hotel Chocolat is one of the world's few chocolate makers to actually grow cocoa, on our beautiful plantation in Saint Lucia. Connecting cocoa growing with luxury chocolate making and retailing makes us unique in the UK.
It's an exciting time to join Hotel Chocolat; we are a fast paced, innovative business, always looking to write the next chapter of our story.
We are looking for a seasoned senior-level designer who can take on a variety of projects, ranging from packaging design and visual identity roll-outs for our core and seasonal ranges.
Reporting into the Design Director, the successful individual will be confident in taking responsibility for the running of projects with the design team and be able to work collaboratively with the teams in visualising, retouching, artwork, production and account management.
You will have the opportunity to attend meetings with clients, to share your ideas and articulate why they are right for the brand. You will also work with the more junior team members, supporting them in their ambitions and their professional development as a designer.
**When applying, please include examples of your work or a link to a portfolio of your recent work **
Your role will incorporate:
- Having ownership of multiple projects and bringing strategic and creative flair to each one
- Working with the Design Director to ensure that the creative brief is challenged
- Providing direction for more junior members of the team on projects
- Ensuring work is presented professionally and with conviction
- Managing and mentoring a team of designers
- Ensuring that good communication channels are maintained between your team, the other creative design teams and all other departments
- Leading internal critiques prior to presentation to Design Director
- Ability to see jobs from initial concept through to artwork
- Compiling, editing and providing strategic design rationale presentations
- Working under the guidance of the Design Director to provide creative design solutions in response to a provided brief
- Ability to build effective briefing documents to engage and direct outsourced illustrators, visualizers, 3D model makers etc
Your Key Attributes:
- At least five years' experience in branding/or packaging in-house or agency side
- Ideally someone who has just reached senior designer level or a strong middleweight who is ready for that important step-up
- A deep understanding of luxury brands
- Exceptionally high standard of conceptual thinking and strategic understanding
- Ability to develop and craft typography and illustration are essential
- Ability to deliver work with strong execution
- Must have meticulous attention to detail and possess problem-solving skills
- Passion, energy and aspiration in line with HC brand and people values
- Resourceful, creative and entirely flexible; thrives on positive change
- Truly inspirational and passionate about creativity and 'the big idea'
- Exceptional crafting abilities
- Able to travel throughout UK and some overseas trips
- A clear communicator who can multi-task in a pressurised and fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and build consensus; equally capable at working independently.
- BA in design minimum
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of the design and development process from concept to production
- Understanding of industry testing protocols and basic printing and production processes
People who work at Hotel Chocolat are passionate about what we do, and we all strive to deliver in line with our company values; Authenticity, Originality and Ethics. We have some great benefits, including unlimited 50% staff discount on all of our products. We enjoy seeing our employees develop, and we offer different opportunities to meet individual ambitions, alongside the prestigious certificate and/or diploma in chocolate - which is available to all members of staff.
To apply for this role please click the Apply button.