Are you ready to join the chocolate revolution?
Hotel Chocolat is one of the world's few chocolate makers to actually grow cocoa, on our beautiful plantation in Saint Lucia. Connecting cocoa growing with luxury chocolate making and retailing makes us unique in the UK.
It's an exciting time to join Hotel Chocolat; we are a fast paced, innovative business, always looking to write the next chapter of our story.
As we continue to grow our creative team in London, we are looking for an Artworker. You will assume responsibility for the production of all artwork predominantly for packaging as well as all catalogues working in collaboration with designers, project managers and partners.
** When applying, please include examples of your work or a link to a portfolio of your recent work **
Your role will incorporate:
- Responsibility for artwork and repro production, predominantly for packaging but also able to support across other media (Direct Marketing, In-store Point of Sale, Windows…)
- Ability to handle creative artworking from visual briefs from the Creative team
- Taking receipt of projects from the concept stage, and carrying them through to execution
- Independently rolling-out campaign artwork across multiple formats (packaging, print, windows…).
- Retouching photography, comp images together, overlay artwork onto white samples
- Actively supporting in the creation, maintenance and evolution of our brand guidelines documents
- Responsibility for keeping up-to-date with the latest artwork and repro techniques and software, and for driving on-going print, 2D / 3D and packaging improvement
- Working in close collaboration with stakeholders to steer development, and oversee project delivery
- Ensuring good communication channels are maintained within the Creative department, and between all other departments. Liaising with internal stakeholders and external partners where appropriate
Your key attributes:
- BA Hons in design or equivalent is a minimum
- Strong two / three-dimensional conceptual ability; must be able to comfortably understand the link between 2d artwork and 3d piece of packaging
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop for retouching and comping).
- Experience working within an agency or in-house, with an understanding of the design and development process from concept to production.
- A broad knowledge of materials, finishes, print processes, industry testing protocols and trends, in order to understand what is possible and to push the boundaries when necessary
- Highly organised with exemplary time management and a flexible approach. Ability to plan and deliver to deadlines
- A clear communicator who can multi-task, prioritise and remain calm in a pressurised and fast-paced environment whilst maintaining standards of work
- Resourceful, creative and entirely flexible, with exemplary attention to detail
- Critical thinker and reliable decision-maker, with a commercial awareness and a track record of working on a global brand across multiple markets
- Great awareness of current and future trends, with a strong understanding of luxury branding
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and build consensus as a team player. Enthusiastic and supportive of other team members and equally capable of working independently
- Strong confident personality, with passion, energy and aspiration in line with the Hotel Chocolat brand and people values. Thrives on positive change
People who work at Hotel Chocolat are passionate about what we do, and we all strive to deliver in line with our company values; Authenticity, Originality and Ethics. We have some great benefits, including unlimited 50% staff discount on all of our products. We enjoy seeing our employees develop, and we offer different opportunities to meet individual ambitions, alongside the prestigious certificate and/or diploma in chocolate - which is available to all members of staff.
To apply for this role please click the Apply button.