Head of Ecommerce - UK
We are Merlin Entertainments… The name behind world famous attractions including LEGOLAND, SEA LIFE, Alton Towers Resort and Thorpe Park.
Be a part of the Merlin magic by joining the Merlin Corporate team. We hire and empower smart people who love what they do. Now's your chance to join us!
We require a Head of E-Commerce - Midway UK to join the E-commerce team. There is some flexibility around location, with the ability to be based at either our London, Chessington or Poole office.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and thrilling FTSE100 environment. The Head of E-Commerce is accountable for:
- Website conversion within the Midway estate and ultimately online sales growth across all Midway websites to exceed annual gross revenues of + £100 million.
- Be the digital brand champion for SEA LIFE globally and ensure any design and development of the SEA LIFE template drives improved conversion and conforms to the brand guidelines.
- Developing and deploying best-practise online retailing techniques to drive online sales growth across all devices: desktop/ tablet and smartphone.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- You will be a self-starter with excellent leadership skills and an understanding of how to manage teams remotely with unsupervised P&L management and KPI reporting capability.
- You will be someone who likes to make an impact and drive change through innovation and challenging the existing status quo.
- We are seeking a strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills and senior stakeholder management experience.
- A thorough understanding of online user experience and HCI design across all devices (mobile + desktop) with good knowledge of consumer psychology and the architecture of choice and how it is presented online is essential.
- You will have A/B and multivariate testing knowledge, with a track record of developing of SEO techniques - on-page and off-page. Experience with growing traffic through paid, owned and earned digital media channels with knowledge of how to optimise on-site content to maximise conversion from acquisition activity.
- Experience with Google Analytics, content management systems and related tracking technologies with a thorough understanding of the languages, methodologies and techniques used in web development is also essential.
Alongside a fun and friendly environment and a competitive annual salary, you can enjoy a great benefits package which includes Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days' holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on Lego. Perhaps the biggest benefits of joining us, however, are the outstanding opportunities for career development across the expanding group.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.