Product Design Manager
Product Design Manager/ London / £35k - 40k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Project Management, Consumer Products, Homeware, Packaging, Solidworks, Keyshot, CMF, Ideation, Research
An exciting opportunity for a talented Product Design Manager to join a London based household name in the world of contemporary homeware products and a major player in the global retail market. With new ranges launching twice yearly, the company has won multiple awards for their innovative products and trend driven design.
The role requires you to be heavily involved in the management of the new product development process, from category research, brainstorming product ideas with external designers and engineers, user product testing and working very closely with manufacturers to bring the products to market. The ideal candidate will have experience within product development, have excellent project management skills, an enthusiastic 'hands-on' approach, a great eye for design and exceptional attention to detail.
THE PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER ROLE
- You will be responsible for the development and growth of your designated product categories.
- Playing a vital role in the overall success of the business.
- Responsible for tracking costs through product development process and ensure projects are kept in-line with agreed targets.
- Successfully and simultaneously leading multiple various projects from development stage through to product testing, manufacture and launch.
- Presenting ideas with confidence to internal teams and company management.
- You will challenge conventional thinking, whilst ensuring external designers provide intelligent solutions to product briefs that are grounded in commercial reasoning and can be communicated and proven.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER
- A BA, BSc in Product/Industrial Design.
- You will have experience working in a product development company seeing products from concept through to manufacture.
- Articulate and professional communicator with great presentation skills
- Extensive experience of working with manufacturers in the UK or abroad
- Adaptable, self-motivated and quick thinking creative
- Proficiency in Solidworks and Keyshot visualization
- High standards in 2D software's used for layout, drawings and concept presentation: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign