Senior marketers from Starbucks and TUI UK among the 17 chosen for fellowship
Published: 24 November 2015 By Thomas Hobbs
Seventeen senior marketing executives including TUI UK’s marketing director Jeremy Ellis and Starbuck’s VP of European marketing Ian Cranna have been selected to take part in The Marketing Academy’s third Fellowship Programme, designed to equip top marketers with the skills to make the transition into the CEO role.
The “fellows” (listed below) will now take part in a 12-month programme developed by The Marketing Academy – of which Marketing Week is a founding partner – and consultants McKinsey & Company.
Each fellow, who has at least 15 years experience in marketing, will receive one to one mentoring sessions with a group of board chairs, CEOs and board members. Current mentors include Lord Stuart Rose, O2 CEO Ronan Dunne, Stuart Fletcher, global CEO at Bupa, and Paul Geddes, group CEO of Direct Line.
They will also gain practical board experience as a non-executive, board advisor or trustee of a charity or social enterprise.
The successful fellows underwent a three-stage selection process, including a personality and capability evaluation by people development consultancy network Bioss International and interviews with board level recruiters.
Fellows from the 2014 programme included Craig Inglis, customer director at John Lewis, and Sarah Warby, marketing director at Sainsbury’s.
“The passion and time invested by The Marketing Academy, McKinsey, Mentors and Coaches is quite remarkable,” says Inglis.
“The Fellowship was a fantastic experience and it equipped me for the tools I need for my new Board role and spending time in a trusted environment with my peers proved to be very powerful. I truly believe this is now the most sought after programme for CMO’s across Europe.”
The Marketing Academy 2014 Fellows:
- Anthony Ainsworth, B2B director and Marketing Director at E.On UK
- Carol Welch, group brand and innovation director at Costa Coffee
- Deborah Dolce, SVP and group marketing director at TJX Europe
- Dominic Grounsell, group marketing director at Travelex
- Guillaume Boutin, CMO at Canal +
- Guy North, managing director at Freeview
- Hugh Pile, CMO for UK and Ireland at L’Oréal
- Ian Cranna, VP for marketing and category EMEA at Starbucks
- Janneke van der Kamp, global business franchise head of neuroscience at Novartis Pharma
- Jennie Farmer, global brand director and general manager for Japan at De Beers Diamond Jewellers
- Jeremy Ellis, marketing and digital ditector at TUI UK and Ireland
- Markus Rohrwild, global business franchise head of Cardio-Metabolic Medicines at Novartis Pharma
- Robbert Bakker, CMO at Aegon Nederland
- Sally Abbott, group marketing director at Weetabix
- Shadi Halliwell, group marketing and creative director at Harvey Nichols
- Steven Overman, global CMO and president for consumer and film division at Kodak
- Zoe Harris, global marketing director at Trinity Mirror
The programme is sponsored by ISBA, British Airways and Adobe.